Monday, November 14, 2011

time helps, jesus heals

I've almost been sitting in this exact location for an entire day. I woke up this morning ready to conquer it all. I had the day off today, there was laundry to do, homework to try and finish and fresh new air to breathe. Turns out I have become not so fond of laundry (or cleaning at all for that matter), my homework was mostly online, and so I spent much time on facebook... and the air.. well the air was nice, I enjoyed the breeze blowing through my window.

Life has changed. It has changed so much I barely recognize myself any more. More than a year ago I was not who I am right now. Life was so uncertain and scary. I wanted a new mind and a new heart, I wanted to be transformed and set free from fear, worry and anxiety. I think those three things are something that everyone struggles with the some extent. I NEVER realized how many people walk around every day with the words "anxiety" "stress" "scared" "fear" running through their mind. Some people choose to medicate, others choose to isolate and few somehow overcome. Many people I have come in contact with do not share this with most. It really is something that is dark, and embarrassing and overcoming. You feel like you are the only one in the world who could possibly have the thoughts and feelings that you do. Let me just say right now- you are not alone in what you feel!! Praise God for this! We do NOT have to walk through life, and through struggles on our own. This is what our Heavenly Fathers tells us:

"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. (Isaiah 43:1b-3a)"

Speak this over yourself- because is it better than FOOD and WATER. Every day i MUST remind myself whom I belong to. "You are MINE... and WHEN you pass through the waters I WILL BE WITH YOU..." God doesn't promise us that life is going to be perfect, easy and painless. He assures us that we will face "trials of many kinds." What he does promise... is not to let the fire burn us or the flame consume us.

Really think about this and what it means in your life. When we are looking inward, towards ourselves and not pressing into the things of Jesus... it is dark, it is hopeless and it is FULL of anxiety. Look to Him today and He will help you take the deep breath you been trying for.

emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment